Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Apr 27th 2010

Still not back into daily postings of pictures. BUT, I did pull out my SD card from camera and wanted to share some pictures. I'm STILL working on the bench and still trying to locate a source for my maple for the kids beds.

Why am I still working on the benches? Let me give this past Sunday, Apr 25th, as an example.
I worked at the retail job from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. I had lunch from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm, so I drove home, popped a frozen dinner into the microwave and worked on the benches for 35 minutes. Then put everything away and slammed down lunch. I got home from Fred Meyer exhausted, but worked on the benches from 5:15 pm to 8:00 pm with a dinner break. Then I worked on a client for Ultimate Software from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Seven days a week, pretty much, I work 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. With a couple of nights off once in a while - and then hopefully it doesn't rain. **sigh**

Anyway, here is a picture from April 16th. I had cut the top and legs to length but hadn't cut the dadoes, routed the edges or stained anything yet. It was foggy!

Later in the day. Dadoes cut (using a circular saw). Getting ready to use the router on the edges. This is what I SHOULD have done when I built the table last year.

April 20th. The top and legs are partially stained and now I'm beginning the assembly with the spacers. Drill them the center ones with deck screws. The outside ones (shown below) are put in with 6" lag bolts. A LOT of lag bolts. A lot of work.

April 25th, gang drilling of the holes. I did complete the assembly of the legs and the cutting of the stretchers this day, but the picture came out blurry, so we've just got this one to go on:

Tonight I have off from Fred Meyer. All the remaining pieces have been cut to size and have had the dadoes cut and edges routed (my lunch projects last two days). Now I have to stain the last pieces. Tomorrow night, if it's not raining and if the oil stain is dry enough, I'll do final assembly and be done! If not, then I think Sunday evening is my next free time slot longer than 45 minutes.

To finish off, I had one kid picture on my SD card. A flash picture of Lydia :)

No comments: