Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 19th 2010

I won't be near a computer this weekend, so I'm going to post a few things today.

Yesterday? 30 years ago, Mt. St. Helens erupted. Boston Globe has a superb photo essay online:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/05/mount_st_helens_30_years_ago.html

Yesterday? 19 years ago, my sister lived her last full day on Earth.

But before I go there. 20 years ago this weekend, Jill and I got married :) It was a wonderful time. Man, we look young.Here's a picture of all but one sibling. Jill's brother Dan, sister Lindy and my sisters Carrie and Laura. My brother Brian couldn't come because it was finals week at the University for him.


Here's my sister Laura lighting the candles. Laura is expecting her first baby, Wyatt, this July! Carrie is up in the choir loft because she had a special role in the wedding - reading the Corinthians passage.


One year later (19 years ago today), we spent our first wedding anniversary back in Missouri identifying Carrie and burying her. My heart still weeps. To think what could have been and what is not. We miss you Carrie.

No comments: