Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 171 - June 24th

Why this picture? And didn't your dad teach you not to mow the lawn in sandals?!?

When I took this picture, I was in pain. More so than the constant pain I've lived with for the last couple of days. I twisted right onto "the spot" during the mowing and nearly passed out from the pain.

Yesterday I had minor outpatient surgery on the bottom of that foot. Similar to what I had a year ago but with a twist! The long months of multiple work I had a year and a half to a year ago were little adjustments to the wart-blister thingy on the bottom of my feet and the pinky toes (the doctors don't have a classification for whatever it is). But this doctor yesterday decided to dive in and try to eliminate it. I didn't realize how deep he went - although more than once he said "this is going to hurt". So I went ahead and went to work last night.

By the end of the night, customers were asking me if I was alright. One coworker said I had pain "etched on my face". It freakin' hurt. Today I spent the day in pain, but not too severe because I sat at my computer all day. Then I decided to mow the lawn. Sandals are the only shoes I can wear that don't hurt terribly by the simple fact of putting them on. And the lawn really needed it.

Ouch. It still is throbbing and it's been an hour.

After taking the picture, I laid down on the patio. And looked up. And saw this. Another not quite finished project. Someday soon, I'll finish the cover.

Then I looked over and saw this. The sky is pretty cool looking.

I thought they made nice pictures.

No comments: