Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 141 - May 25th


Jill took this picture of me as I was putting together the central fountain today. It was all in all a lot of work! I wanted to plant the back plantings and get everything level. And yes, I know that the "me" in this is just my leg. My sunburnt leg. I have a pretty strong pattern of my sandal's tanned into my feet already.

Before I get to more stuff we did today, I want to say - we went and saw Star Trek last night. WOW. Fantastic movie! My sister, who is not an ST fan, loved it. The semi-retired nurse down the street loved it. Everyone was loving it, so we decided to go see it as part of our anniversary celebration (we haven't been to a movie in the theater since 300!). I am so happy we saw this on the big screen. Totally worth it!

Here's a picture of the first fountain after I (almost) finished it. I changed plans in the middle and didn't want to go back to the hardware store, so he'll actually be about 2" higher after I buy more supplies.

Here's a front view of the center fountain. You can see the big crack in the front of the fountain :( I still may rotate the whole thing so that's in the back after I seal it sometime in the next day or two. I have to attach the penguins to their rock bases - otherwise the wind will knock them over. I ran out of stones before I could finish the third fountain today. I'm tired but very satisfied. I planted three clematis and four flowering grasses in the back. I hope they all survive - it would be a pain to replace them!

We've been looking forward to this fountain area for so long. I just need 9 more wall blocks, 12 more paver blocks, three lights, one short extension cord, two 36" flexible tubing, two fountain sprayers, several small pots with plants, two block toppers, one medium pot with plant, a little bit of steel cutting and I'm done! Hardly anything left on this project. YAY!

No comments: