Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 146 - May 30th

I'm prepping the area for the play shed. It's a LOT of work! The ground has been mostly covered by a tarp covered in a few hundred pounds of gravel. But it's uneven, filled with clay and rocks. Not the easiest thing to smooth out. When I lifted the first corner of the tarp, there was an ant farm thing going on. The little ants immediately began their frantic activity of moving their hundreds of eggs underground. It only took about 10 minutes - this picture was snapped half way through their activity. I should've gotten closer. Why didn't I? Because I had my new lens and my original lens was inside and I was covered in mud.New lens? Why yes, yes I did mention that. I received this package and I was so excited. For those that don't know, I use a Pentax K10D and LOVE it. Passionately. I've used the 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens since I bought it. Here's a picture of a neighbors bird feeder taken at maximum zoom with that lens.

I decided the time was right to add a lens. I bought a Pentax 50-200mm F4-5.6 off of a well known auction site. Not as fast as I'd like (I'd prefer an F2.8), but the quality and general use is wonderful! I was playing with it yesterday and am so happy about it! Same bird feeder from the same spot:

Next I need to get an off camera flash. I ALMOST won the Pentax AF-540 FGZ TTL the other day but lost out by $3. It was a great price too. Oh well, maybe in a month or two I'll try again.

No comments: