Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 37 - Feb 10th


This afternoon was David's funeral. We went from cold, wet and unpleasant outside to a warm, loving remembrance of a good man. The church was packed with a wide variety of people - his Jewish family, people from his church, people from his work, people from his childhood and from his wife's high school class she teaches. It was a wonderful memorial and we got to share laughs and tears.

The church is a small church with a glass back overlooking a man made waterfall. After everything was over, I took the camera over to get a picture of the waterfall. Night photography of water is a wee bit challenging - especially when you shake like I do. But a few came out well and I liked this one.

I've never been to this church before and doubt I will go again (it's about 45 minutes away) so this picture will remind me of David and of his wonderful service.

No comments: