Monday, February 2, 2009

Interlude - Rest in Peace, David

Rest in Peace, my friend.

I will always treasure the memories of your sons birthday party. My children fondly recall the fun they had…well, except when Alexander stepped on that wasp nest. But the rest of that day is filled with happy memories. I will always remember sitting in the shade chatting with you in your hat. The signs were so encouraging that the beast had gone into remission after such intense chemo and radiation. We were hopeful.

I pray you are at peace. Your encouraging smile, your insightful mind and friendly spirit will be sorely missed. Your wife has lost a great friend and your children a wonderful, caring father.

I pray for you, Shelley. May family and friends surround you and comfort you when you need, be a shoulder to lean on or an ear to bend when you need and when you need to be alone, that you can be, surrounded by love nonetheless.

Rest in peace, David Kaplowitz.

No comments: