Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 45 - Feb 18th

Here's a secret about the Pacific Northwest - February is usually a quite pleasant month. This week, we've got sunny skies and a high temperature in the 50's. Wonderful!

So today I decided to varnish my table top - bottom first. I laid it out above then donned the rubber gloves and varnished it. Well, most of it.

I had actually carved a space out of the garage and setup my portable heater so I could do this over winter. I did one board and the smell infiltrated the house and was a bit overwhelming. So I decided to wait until I could do it outdoors. This week is that week!

Now I just need to stain the rest of it, find a planer so I can cut the center piece out and then cut out and finish the seats.

1 comment:

blogzilly said...

You are ALL man, dude. Varnishing is so...manly.